- Sep 09, 2020
The analytical essays are one of the most common types of essays that help throughout your academic career. Writing these essays also helps in enhancing your analytical skills, thus you will be able to develop your skills to think critically. Acquiring these analytical skills also helps in proving your argument, persuading people with your viewpoint, and showing the validity of your opinions to your opponents.
Thus, the best way of learning how to write an essay is by having a look at their examples. Examples make your understanding of the topic clearer as it focuses upon the basics, and also it will help you in getting good grades on your assignments.
Here in this blog, you will get to know the tips on how to write a good analytical essay along with some analysis essay examples that will ultimately help in mastering your essay writing skills.
Table of Content
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What is an Analytical Essay?
- 3. Different Types of Analytical Essay Examples
- 4. Probable Tips on How to Write an Excellent Analytical Essay
- 5. Looking for Professional Essay Writing Help
What is an Analytical Essay?
An analytical essay is a type of academic writing where you need to analyze a specific topic and explore both its pros and cons. The topic for analyzing might include an article, a book, a movie, or any specific event. While writing an analytical essay, you need to set forth an argument, and then evaluate it with the use of supporting claims. Make sure that the supporting claims are logical and are followed up by a chain of facts.
If you lack analytical skills and need instant help for your analytical essay assignments, then avail our professional help from quality experts at EduHelpHub.
Different Types of Analytical Essay Examples
An analytical essay has a wider scope and comes with a huge range of topics. It deals with a variety of subjects and uses varied approaches to analyze them.
Here we have discussed six major types of analytical essay examples. All these types of essays use distinct analysis techniques.
Poetry Analysis Essay Example
Poetry analysis essay assignments are generally assigned to the high school and college-level students. Through this essay assignment, students learn how to analyze a specific piece of poetry deeply and in the meantime, understand the specific purpose of the author for writing this poetry. While writing these essays, you need to evaluate and interpret the overall content of the poem, its structural pattern, its historical importance, and so on.
The main objective of writing poetry analysis essays is to evaluate the choices made by the writer and its simultaneous consequences. This is done through a detailed explanation of the poem like its mood, symbols, themes, and setting. It will help the readers in understanding the various aspects of the poem.
Some of the common examples of a poetry analysis essay topics are as follows:
- “The Little Black Boy”- William Blake
- “There is a pain – so utter –“ –Emily Dickinson’s
- “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love”- Christopher Marlowe
- “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”- Robert Frost
- “Stolen Rivers”- Phillippa Yaa de Villiers
- “The valley of unrest”- Edgar Allan Poe
Rhetorical Analysis Essay Example
A rhetorical analysis essay is all about analyzing an already written work by some famous author or any past event by using some persuasion techniques and the effect of which he or she is trying to achieve. While writing these essays, the writer needs to influence his audience and make an appeal to them using three important characteristics: pathos, ethos, and logos.
Basically, writing a rhetorical analysis essay is an intense type of work where a non-fictional piece of writing is dissected into pieces and bits. Thus, it should be written carefully and precisely.
A few common rhetorical analysis essay example topics are as follows:
- Not quite a clean sweep rhetorical strategy in Grose’s Cleaning the Final Feminist Frontier
- A Rhetorical Analysis of “The Right Stuff” by Donna Carthy
- A Rhetorical Analysis of a Popular Monologue by Shakespearian characters.
- Analyze the poem “Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe rhetorically.
- A Rhetorical Analysis of the speech of a Noble Prize Winner which you admire
- Analyze the Inaugural address of either a former or an acting President.
Process Analysis Essay Example
A process analysis essay is a kind of expository essays that generally deals with questioning the ‘how-to’ process. This essay is written with the purpose of performing an individual task with proper explanation through a step-by-step procedure. The process analysis essay generally starts with a strong thesis statement and is successfully followed by body paragraphs where you get a detailed explanation along with supporting evidence.
These essays deal with a wide range of topics, starting from highly technical processes to simple organized processes. While writing these essays, as the goal of the writers is to inform the readers about the overall process of doing something, the steps should be written following the sequential order. Also, the different body paragraphs should be well-connected having a linkage in it.
Some common process analysis essay example topics provided by our writing experts at EduHelpHub are stated hereunder:
- The process of film making for the directors
- Recipe for making a pineapple cake
- How to get prepared for an interview?
- The process of setting up a campsite
- How to become a millionaire by the age of 35?
- How to become an extrovert?
- How to make an envelope?
- How to start a YouTube channel?
Literary Analysis Essay Example
The literary analysis essays are generally assigned to students who study humanities or literature at the high school and college levels. There is no specific essay format of writing these essays; it completely depends upon the piece of literary work that you are analyzing. The main purpose of writing these essays is to precisely examining and evaluating the different elements of a piece of literature. It can be play, poems, novels, short stories, or any other literary work of art.
For writing literary analysis essays, you can analyze the plot, genre, and type of the literature, symbolism, the main characters, a quote that influences you, a particular situation, writing structure and style, choices made by any main character, etc. While writing these essays, the writer should use literary devices to convey their ideas to the readers so they must be well aware of this.
List of some literary analysis essay example topics are as follows:
- Analyze the peculiarities of love in Shakespeare’s plays
- Evaluate the significance and impact of Jane Austen’s novels
- Discuss how the theme of love and hatred, good and evil are performed in ‘Romeo and Juliette.’
- How witchcraft is portrayed in one of Shakespeare’s famous play ‘Macbeth.’
- Can the solitude of Robinson Crusoe be called as an allegory of living in the XXI century?
- Discuss the theme of women and misogyny in Shakespeare’s famous play ‘Hamlet.’
- Analyze how comic books have influenced teenagers?
Causal Analysis Essay Example
The causal analysis essay is also often termed as ‘cause and effect essay’ because the aim of these essays is to examine the diverse causes and its related consequences of a certain action or event, their behavioral patterns, and vice versa. In simple words, in this essay, the question “why” is well answered. Thus, it is important that this essay must possess an engaging hook sentence in the essay introduction as well as topic sentences to attract the reader’s attention.
This essay also helps in comprehending the complex series of events that form our life and can be even explained using a philosophical narrative. At the end of this essay, either you speculate a theory, prove a specific viewpoint, or a common belief is proved wrong.
Check out some of the common causal analysis essay example topics suggested by our proficient experts of EduHelpHub:
- Cause of social media addiction and its effects
- Impact of YouTube on freedom of speech in the United States
- The influence of the IT job market on immigration
- The influence of the internet on young children
- Reasons for the migration of polar bears
- Globalization negatively affects the Amazon rain forests
- Impact of domestic violence on children
- Impact of racism on modern society
- The influence of sports in the lives of young people
- Influence and challenges of distance learning.
Character Analysis Essay Example
In a character analysis essay, the writer needs to evaluate a character that appeared either in a story, any literary piece of writing, or any film. The main aim of this essay is to analyze the role and identity of the character in the story and to evaluate their in-depth traits and events in the story. As this essay focuses on the personality, decision, and behavior of a character, the analysis is more than simply elaborating on a role or a character.
Thus, while writing a character analysis essay, you need to consider all aspects of a character and also verify its impact on the overall story line. A successful character analysis essay not only provides details of character traits but also casts its influence on other characters over the course of a story.
Have a look at a few character analysis essay example topics:
- Discuss the role of Viktor Navorks’si in “The Terminal”
- Discuss how Atticus Finch maintains his steady and firm character in Harper Lee’s “How to Kill a Mockingbird”
- Role of Dr. Watson in the Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Discuss the role of Elizabeth Bennet in “Pride and Prejudice”
- How the character of Harry Potter is portrayed in the famous Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Discuss the character of Wicked Queen in “Snow White and Seven Dwarfs.”
- Discuss the decision-making process of Rick in Casablanca.
All these types of essays described here follow a similar structure and fulfill the requirements of the analytical essay outline.
Probable Tips on How to Write an Excellent Analytical Essay
An analytical essay is quite explanatory but it is also paired with an in-depth analysis of the subject or topic. Thus, it explains a certain event in detail and also analyzes the causes behind it.
To ease the process, our pool of research experts at EduHelpHub has presented you with some tips and tricks that will assist you in writing an excellent analytical essay.
- Before choosing your essay topic, brainstorm thoroughly as it will help you to generate more ideas on what are your studied subjects in which you can excel.
- Always opt for a topic that has wide scope so that you can include more information in your essay
- Do proper research work on your chosen topic and analyze to ensure that the information that you have collected have been taken from credible sources
- Before you start writing the essay, evaluate your chosen topic, and make a proper outline so that you can put relevant information in the diversified sections.
- Create an eye-catching and original title to your work so that it boosts the interest of the readers and attracts them to go through your essay.
- Create a rough draft of the essay following proper essay structure.
- Once you finish, proofread your essay and check for typos and grammatical errors in it
- After you have identified your mistakes, make sure to edit them before the final submission of your paper.
- If required, ask for professional help.
This guide on an analytical essay example will assist you with everything on how to write an analysis essay of any type.
Looking for Professional Essay Writing Help? Get in Touch with Us
Facing burdened with an excessive amount of academic assignments? Nothing to worry about. Just come in contact with our professional academic writers at EduHelpHub and get high-quality college essay help within the tentative deadline. Our customer support executives are 24*7 available to assist you, so you can contact them anytime via an online chat facility and place your order. Our qualified and experienced writers make sure to deliver you 100% original academic assignments, written from scratch.