- Sep 28, 2020
An explanation essay is a common writing assignment usually assigned to school and college students. These essays are sometimes also regarded as expository essays. The reason for this is because both of these are more or less similar to each other and they fulfill the same purpose. Moreover, explanatory essays are typically used for correspondence purposes where one is expected to research a thought, assess the proof, clarify the thought, and come up with an argument that spins around the thought in a clear, compact, and coherent manner.
Explanatory essays are a good source of information which also offers data to its readers. It sets the focuses for checking out the points for explanatory essays; however, they probably won’t have an unmistakable central thought. Explanation essays also don’t major on an inside and out exploration of the subject of your assignment. The argument that has been used in these essays makes it distinct from that of a persuasive research paper and thus unique.
If you want to write a good explanation essay but have a rare idea of how to do it, then check out this blog to know more.
Table of Content
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What is an Explanation Essay?
- 3. What is the Intent of Writing an Explanation Essay?
- 4. Types of Explanation Essays That You Might Have to Write in Schools and Colleges
- 5. How to Write a Compelling Explanation Essay?
- 6. Some Interesting Explanation Essay Topics
- 7. A Good Explanation Essay Example
- 8. Conclusion
What is an Explanation Essay?
In an explanation essay, a topic is merely exposed instead of arguing either for or against the topic a certain standpoint. These essays are sort of informative ones and stand quite near to that of descriptive essays. What makes these explanatory essays different from that of descriptive essays is that the latter one is concerned with the description, while the former one is concerned with elucidation.
The main objective behind assigning such essays to students is to encourage the students for paying attention to analyze the details and write the essay with utmost clarity, considering factual observations.
Therefore, for writing an explanatory essay, you must possess the ability to research and examine a particular topic, then present it before your readers in an impartial and correct way. While writing these types of essays, students are expected to write from a neutral standpoint and they must evaluate the situation following a logical and clear point of view.
What is the Intent of Writing an Explanation Essay?
An explanation essay is ought to perform the accompanying undertakings that cover and associate with one another easily. These essays are written with the purpose of:
- Characterizing your key terms and thoughts
- Depicting evidential examples
- Distinguish a mutual string among the instances
- The examples should be compared and contrasted and showed how they are related to your proposition
- Investigate the cause and effect connections in your examples
- Display the relationship of your examples to the central thought
Types of Explanation Essays that you might have to Write in Schools and Colleges
Basically, there are six types of essay explanation that you might have attempted to write either in your school or college. Each of these types has its individual purpose and method of writing.
- Definition Essay: In this essay, the writer defines a particular term, a complicated idea or concept in simplified language.
- Classification Essay: Here the writer breaks down a broad subject into various parts and explains each one of them in detail.
- How To Essays: In this essay, the writer explains the process or procedure of doing something.
- Problem and Solution Essays: Here the writer evaluates and analyzes a particular issue and then accordingly answer the best possible solution to it.
- Cause and Effect Essays: Here the writers talk of a situation that has already taken place in the past and then discusses its impact on the current scenario.
- Compare and Contrast Essays: In this essay, the writer explains the similarities as well as dissimilarities between two or more people, events, concepts, and situations.
How to Write a Compelling Explanation Essay?
An explanation essay not only describes an event that has already taken place or a process that you need to follow but it also demonstrates the idea of another person as well as your opinion on something.
In spite of questioning the validity and debating on the information of the explanation essay, you can proceed to write a great explanation essay. For that, you can follow these step-by-step instructions on how you will be able to create a powerful explanation essay.
- Choose A Topic That You Are Familiar With – Though it sounds complicated, yet writing an explanatory essay is not that difficult. As this essay falls within the parameters of your assignment, it explains almost everything.
- Make Sure Not to Veer into Other Types of Essays – It’s best not to compose a process essay or a persuasive essay, despite the fact that you may have the option to contend that both are actually clarifications. Attempt to remain consistent with the informative style, which will show to your teacher that you completely comprehend the idea.
While you should introduce evidence to back up your theme, your objective isn’t really to influence the reader yet to present a strong defense. Similarly, your depiction of a process ought to be to a lesser degree a step-by-step instructional guide and even more a conversation.
- Support Your Essay by Gathering Evidence – An elegantly composed explanation essay is a valid justification to help your fundamental thought. Now and again, these might be only suppositions, however as long as your thinking is solid; your paper will be as well.
To compose a strong essay, you’ll need all your information from credible sources. In case you’re visiting a site you’re inexperienced with, check the About Us page to study more about the information. Monitor your sources and make certain to make reference to them in your paper, as per the style directed by your professor.
- Write the Outline of Your Essay – You won’t present your essay outline before your teachers or professors, so don’t stress over utilizing Roman numerals and indenting impeccably. You need to simply do a little preparation to make the real composition simpler and easier. It’s much the same as a craftsman making a sketch before starting a canvas.
Straightforward records or text boxes will do. You could likewise attempt mind-planning or utilizing the old-fashioned techniques of composing your thoughts on independent index cards.
- Write the Body of Your Paper – An explanation essay ought to contain at least five sections: an introduction, three body passages, and a conclusion. In any case, this doesn’t mean that all essay formats must consist of only five sections. It’s just the beginning stage.
Most probably, it is your assignment upon which the number of sections or paragraphs and the specified word count is determined. Keep focused on one point in each passage, which you’ll clarify plainly in the main sentence. In the event that you start to fan out to another thought, progress to another passage.Finish with Your Conclusion and Introduction – Make sure that the ending of your essay should be based on a solid note. So, in your essay conclusion, you need to tie your thoughts along with ground-breaking summary statements in a noteworthy way.
Most of the copywriters realized that the primary words on a page are the most significant ones. It’s often a smart thought to leave writing your essay introduction for last. While composing your paper, you must have the option to attract the reader with amazing language.
In case, you find any difficulty while following any of the steps described above, then take help form or experts at EduHelpHub. They have gained a reputation in offering quality college essay help, irrespective of the complexity of the topic.
Some Interesting Explanation Essay Topics
At some point in a student’s academic career, everyone must have been written explanation essay assignments. Though unknowingly you might have written it numerous times, if you are now writing it at college level, you must know how to write an effective essay. Well, the most important part of your essay is, of course, the topic on which you are evaluating your essay points.
Most of the time it is challenging for the students to choose a good topic for an explanation essay. Thus, to help them out, our research experts at EduHelpHub have provided you with custom topics, which you can choose and continue writing your essay.
- How to prevent bullying in school?
- Explain the dilemma of abortion among little youngsters and adolescents
- How to eat healthy while living on the budget of a college student?
- Can anyone explain why the suicide rates have gone higher among youngsters?
- How is technology affecting relationships nowadays?
- Explain the impact of World War II for America
- State both the pros and cons of teen curfews
- What are the triggers of chronic drug use in youngsters?
- How to choose a perfect pet for yourself?
- Discussion about the causes for delinquency and school dropouts
- Discuss the positive as well as negative aspects of materialism
- What prompted the beginning of the American Civil War?
- Explain the positive effects of the internet on communication
A Good Explanation Essay Example
An essay example is the best way to learn how to write an essay. You can go through this example and check out how the essay fulfills every aspect of an explanation essay.
How are Tornadoes Similar to Hurricanes?
Hurricanes and tornadoes are brilliant phenomena that inspire either awe or dread in each of the individuals who watch and experience them. Despite how you feel about them, it must be noticed that they are amazing and are fundamentally the same as in structure, plan, and devastation. It is obvious that both is connected and should deserve comparable admiration.
Both tornadoes and hurricanes are brought about by flimsiness in climatic conditions, for example, pressure and temperature and have a turning column of air. Their turn shifts depend upon whether it’s the southern side of the equator or northern half of the globe. In the primary case, the rotation is clockwise while in the last case it’s counterclockwise. Another component that the two of them share is their rain and a strong breeze. In any case, it ought to be noticed that hurricanes can cause cyclones now and then yet tornadoes fails to cause hurricanes.
A hurricane is not quite the same as a cyclone as far as the way that it just brings rain as precipitation, though tornadoes can bring rain, hail, and slush. Another characterizing factor is that hurricanes keep going for quite a long time while tornadoes have a life expectancy of a couple of moments. The measure of caution given for a hurricane can be between days to seven days while a warning for a tornado is from a couple of moments to a couple of hours. Another key contrast issue is their size, hurricanes length many kilometers through a tornado traverses several meters.
While a tornado and hurricane have a few contrasts, their likenesses are considerably more striking. Both are shaped along these lines, have comparative makeup, pivot likewise, and bring about downpour, solid breezes, and perhaps comparative devastation. In light of these elements, it tends to be said that the likenesses exceed the distinctions so a tornado and a hurricane are a lot of the same.
Hope that by now you must have got enough ideas on explanation essay writing. Once you have finished writing your essay, make sure that it must look fascinating and original. Your essay must be presentable enough that it not only impresses your instructor but the readers too.
In case, if you lack time to go through the above-said procedures, then without any hesitation reach us at EduHelpHub and avail quality college essay writing services from our trained experts. We have a team of qualified professionals who have been providing exceptional writing services for years. Whatever be the subject of your consideration and the requirements, we guarantee to fulfill all your needs with ease. So, trust us and get reliable solutions at your fingertips.