Wrap-up Your Essay with an Effective Essay Conclusion!
- Aug 24, 2020
Your essay needs a conclusion just as a movie needs a climax before ending, think of your essay conclusion as the climax of a movie, where the whole plot comes together to link the loose ends and determines the fate of the characters involved in it while simultaneously providing a closure to the plotline and providing answers which have been looming large in the minds of the audience.
Table of Content
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What Defines an Essay Conclusion?
- 3. Why Do We Need to Prepare an Impactful Essay Conclusion?
- 4. What Structure Should Be Followed to Outline an Essay Conclusion?
- 5. What to Avoid in The Conclusion of An Essay?
- 6. Highlights of An All-Round Essay Conclusion
- 7. Conclusion
What Defines an Essay Conclusion?
An essay conclusion is meant to be the resolution to any conflict that arises within the main body of the essay and provide a definitive solution or recommendation to the main problem or issue that has been dealt with. It is to be noted that the conclusion section is perhaps the most significant part of your essay similar to the essay introduction. Some may find the conclusion section essay to prepare, easier than learning how to write an essay in fact, but let not the simplicity of the conclusion structure fool you.
Why Do We Need to Prepare an Impactful Essay Conclusion?
The conclusion section of your essay needs to be drafted with great accuracy and skill; it is the last opportunity for you to cement an idea in the minds of the readers and in case of an argumentative essay conclusion, it is your final chance to influence the readers in favour of your argument. The significance of an essay conclusion section lies in its power to propagate an idea clearly and thoroughly so that it leaves the readers in a state of introspection and awe. The role of the essay conclusion is to provoke thoughts and serve as a basis for further research regarding the central issue of the essay.
What Structure Should Be Followed to Outline an Essay Conclusion?
In order to successfully learn how to write a good essay conclusion in any essay format, you need to follow the basic essay structure, irrespective of the type of essays you are writing, to formulate a convincing conclusion.
Core Sections to Be Covered in The Essay Conclusion
- Re-Instate the Essay Thesis Statement: If you are wondering how to start an essay conclusion, the answer is quite simple and definitive. Start an essay conclusion by objectively re-instating the thesis statement. This would create an affirmative outlook in the minds of the readers and help you to manoeuvre effortlessly towards establishing your point.
- Summarize and Associate: Next, you may proceed by carefully drawing up the main points from the body paragraphs and connect them to each other while creating a bigger, clearer picture of the significance of your argument. The implications of all the main arguments and how they affect the totality of the essay may be encapsulated in an affirmative manner. This would lay the groundwork for the viability of the need to argue on behalf of an idea or discuss an important phenomenon using simple but impactful terms.
- Significance of The Argument: The very reason behind writing an essay is to establish a point and argue in favour of the same (generally speaking). Thus the broader implications of the literature should be brought to light. What was the reason for you to prepare logical arguments, what drove you to posit a certain inference regarding the central idea or the essay question? This would open up several avenues that could instigate wonder and awe in the readers’ minds and also pave the way for further exploration and research based on previous literature and information gathered.
Thus, we realise that, unlike an essay introduction and irrespective of how long is the essay, the essay conclusion follows a triangular structure that opens with a definitive thesis statement and leads the way to broader implications and discussions which should not necessarily terminate with the ending of the essay.
What to Avoid in The Conclusion of An Essay?
Bringing the core ideas and arguments and tying them up in a definitive, objective manner to impact and influence the readers for or against a topic is the ultimate essence of an essay conclusion. Thus, you may allow provisions for a reject bucket and put some ideas that are attractive but unworthy of being in an essay conclusion in it. Examples of an essay conclusion bucket list would involve matters like:
- Plain Uninspired Summary Of The Essay : The essay conclusion should not just be a word to word summary of the content that has been reflected throughout your essay, it should, however, contain the significance of the main ideas that the essay has been built upon and further those ideas in favour of proving the point. The paraphrasing of the core concepts should be performed in an inspiring, impactful manner and not just lazy copy-pasting of ideas.
- No New Information Should Be Established: Avoid introducing new concepts or facts supported by statistics or fresh arguments that have not been pre-introduced in the whole body of your essay. The time and scope for implementing your ideas and facts to further your cause is in the body section of the essay and if you have already reached the conclusion part, your chance to solidify your argument by adding new information is long gone!
- Avoid Second-Guessing Your Own Inference: You might be tempted to welcome criticism on your argument but it is the last thing that you would want in your essay conclusion. It is necessary to stay put on your position regarding the argument and not presume flexibility in what you are trying to convey. Even if the core-concept of your essay revolves around a subjective essay topic, your position on it matters the most as that is what the readers are looking into.
- No Transition Terms In Closing Sentence : You might be tempted to use terms like ‘In inference….’, ‘Thus it is evident that….’ or ‘In conclusion it can be said that…’ but separate yourself from such thoughts as they are clichéd and might end up raising eyebrows rather than raising your marks for an impeccable essay conclusion that you want to achieve. You may complete your essay conclusion section without inculcating such terms to impose a better effect on the readers.
Highlights of An All-Round Essay Conclusion
Okay, so now that you have learned the basic principles of writing an essay conclusion and developing an effective structure for the same, let us revisit some crucial points so that you may master the art of concluding and not just assuming!
The Highlights of Writing an Essay Conclusion Are:
- The conclusion of your essay should provide definitive stance and closure to the central argument in similar fashion to an essay introduction
- It should provoke intrigue and questions in the readers’ minds
- It should act as a climax to the discussion in the body part
- The conclusion section should be structured in a triangular form
- Outline the conclusion like you would prepare an essay outline
- Start with re-establishing the essay thesis statement objectively
- Move on to connect the main points by logical reasoning
- Create a broader spectrum of discussion
- Create opportunity for further research and development of peripheral ideas based on your literature and previous establishments
- The conclusion of your essay might end with a question
- Avoid use of transition statements, introducing new ideas and doubting your own position on the matter
- Do not just summarize, but actively create an inspiring and thought-provoking encapsulation
Struggling with The Annals of Writing A Good Essay Conclusion?
All you need is a helping hand and who else to help you through the uncertainty of ending an essay than the experts at EduHelpHub? Not only college essay help, but dissertations and research papers of any kind fall under the specialisation of this enigmatic brilliantly curated team of experts who not only prepare a high-quality essay for you but also see to it that it is 100% error-free and plagiarism is nowhere to be found. Contact us at the click of a button for college essay help and experience professional assurance unfold in front of your eyes!